Wednesday 29 January 2014

Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2013

You can still catch the exhibition (£3) at the National Portrait Gallery until 9 February.
Out of more than 5,000 entries, a small number are on show including of course the prize winners. I like photos. I very often think though that the charm of a photo is about the object/subject than the photographer. That clearly just reflects my arrogant and naive viewpoint that anyone can take good photos... ;-)

I liked most of the photos in the exhibition, but I would have picked different ones to win a prize. And some of the explanations about the photos just seemed made up and poncey. But again: what do I know?

All in all, another reminder of how much beauty and weirdness is out there to be discovered. If we decide to really look around us. And maybe, just maybe, I should send in a photo for the 2014 competition (or hundreds to increase my chances!).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god - I so need to catch this!
    Thanks for reminding me :-)

    ReplyDelete