Monday 13 January 2014

Body myths

I have to say, I never thought I would get so excited about patterns, body measurements and calculating ease! Another cool sewing class tonight! And I found it so much easier than last term, where this seriously confused me...

I always thought that my shoulders are relatively broad in proportion to the rest of my upper body. Turns out that according to the pattern measurement, they are actually very much in line. It's my bum that's a little bigger than the size 10 on the top. As a teenager, I was forever bemoaning my non-existent behind (I had an amazing metabolism at the time and could eat whatever and didn't put on any weight!). What can I say: be careful what you wish for! ;-)

And the really good news is, that this hopefully means that cutting patterns will be relatively easy with not too much adjustments to be made. I've already had a look at patterns and have found some awesome dresses, tops and skirts. I will need quite a bit more practice but I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment