Sunday 26 January 2014

Van the Man

As part of the fam trip to Belfast, we were invited to an exclusive Van Morrison concert at the Hastings Culloden Estate & Spa. After a three course dinner, first his daughter came on stage and then the man himself. I have to admit that while I had heard OF him, I'd never heard any of his music before the trip... Everyone was telling us as well, that he tends to be a bit of a grumpy character. He actually doesn't give many concerts anymore and generally doesn't much talk to the audience.

Well, he clearly had a good day - he was chatting between songs, and even came out for an encore! I overall enjoyed his music even if I wasn't so keen on the very jazzy songs. It was equally entertaining to watch a woman on a neighboring table getting rather drunk, obsessively tousling her hair and cosying up to the man next to her (while claiming that she wasn't sleeping with him....).

the champagne fountain in the lobby area

No comments:

Post a Comment