Sunday 5 January 2014

No reading at the Book Club

This weekend was just the right combination of chilling, partying, food and a weird, random and wonderful show.

On Saturday, S, T and myself were celebrating our birthdays at the Book Club in Shoreditch. It's a smallish club with a 'chill-out' area on the ground floor and a dance floor (and fussball table) in the basement. The only downside is that it is really noisy. I had wrongly assumed that the music/dancing would start maybe at 23:00 - but it was full on from the start. And I did feel a little old... How do people manage to dance for hours???

It was a lot of fun, especially as I had last been out clubbing (is that still a term that is being used?) back in August in Lisbon... And I also discovered that the best way to get chatted up is by simply doing nothing but sitting by yourself (I was just resting my feet and having a great time people-watching).

No comments:

Post a Comment