Tuesday 10 January 2017

first garment of the year

This was a quick sew and - for once - I am happy with the result. I am especially proud on how I used the colour gradient fabric for the different parts of the dress.

It's the Burda 7148 pattern, which I already used to make a hoodie. Despite searching on my blog (and once more feeling a bit wistful looking through my London adventures...), I cannot remember when and where I bought the fabric.


I had a bit of a panic moment, when the fabric got stuck in my machine and for the first time, I wasn't able to just jerk it out. I hate to admit it, but for the first time I opened the bit and not only was able to remove the fabric but also lots of fluff that had collected there over the years. Oooops...

And as I like the dress so much, I bought some more fabric. I want to make it using the dusky pink fabric. With the navy one, I am thinking of doing another one of this one (with sleeves), potentially without the v-neck back though. Or maybe one of these two.

€5.99/metre, Karstadt Rosenheim

No comments:

Post a Comment