Tuesday 31 January 2017

getting back into the swing of it

As a belated birthday gift, I got a monthly subscription to Headspace and have been doing their Take 10 meditation introduction. Having meditated before, I've been finding it easy to get back into it. Especially being patient with myself. I recall taking a colleague to a class back in London and she was so frustrated with herself, and felt she was doing it wrong. When really it's about accepting that our minds very often flutter around and that with practice one generally gets better at letting thoughts go instead of holding on to them - and then berating ourselves for not succeeding in 'simply' being present in the moment.

Just like sports, meditation is one of these things that I find so beneficial and still don't make time for it regularly. The beauty of life is of course, that we can start over at any given point in time. Such as right NOW! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment