Monday 23 January 2017

off target...

While I am not keen on giving presentations, I equally - despite my nerves - give good presentations (there, I said it. And I'm not taking it back as much as I am tempted to add something to make it sound less full of myself...).

The other day, I went to a meet up with the topic: Management in the digital age. Not that it was altogether rubbish, but I was sitting there thinking whether I was simply not getting it, or whether the presenter wasn't getting it... Based on what he prefaced it, I think the issue was that he took a previous presentation on management and tried to adapt it. Potentially not spending much thought and/or time on the adaptation. I did not see a clear link to the challenges management has in times of digitalisation. It also wasn't clear to me whether he was talking about management or leadership. And I thought it was embarrassing when he showed us a video at the end of it where you could clearly see that he had copied some of the elements for his own presentation. Also, if a presentation starts with a definition taken from Wikipedia, one does wonder whether it was the intern who prepared it...

Having said all of this, it was still worth going cause I met Hubert. And Hubert - amongst other things - offers career mentoring at one of the universities in Munich. And cause I asked him nicely, agreed to offer me some, too. WIN!
Secondly, I finally had time for at least a short catch up with T.

No comments:

Post a Comment