Sunday 1 January 2017

more happiness, please

Who doesn't want to be happy?

Quite a while ago, I came across the author Adam Jackson (cue the Bukowski reading at a local cafe). It's taken me until now to also read his book on the 10 secrets of abundant happiness. Which I loved just as much as his book on abundant love. It actually included elements of NLP, too.
It feels that all the jigsaw pieces are coming together.

And it also reminded me of something I heard the other day, about life being a spiral. And that we learn certain lessons over and over again. This has pained me to a certain extent especially in the last few weeks. When I get to a conclusion, that I thought I had reached a long time ago. And I realize again and again that I need to be more patient with myself. Surely it's still preferable to learn a valuable lesson a second and third time, than to never have learned it all. And surely, it's annoying that I might sometimes have the need to learn that same lesson for the xth time. But surely, the general direction is onwards and upwards, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment