Thursday 19 January 2017

YANA

I just read YANA [Your are not alone] by Amy Klco in one go. Once started I simply had to know how it continued and couldn't put it down.
Here's the abstract:
"When Jacob writes a note threatening his teacher, he doesn't mean for anyone to find it, especially not the teacher. But Ms. Birch does find it and turns it in to the principal, not because she is afraid of the threat to herself, but because Jacob also threatens to take his own life. Now, Jacob is facing expulsion and Ms. Birch is left wondering how to tell Jacob that he is not alone."

The story is being told from both Jacob's and Ms. Birch's viewpoint. It is well written and it took me back to my old school days. I immediately felt a connection with both characters and it manages to show how universal the truth in the book is. I am sure everyone can relate to it in their own way.
And  - and this is one my quality criteria in books and films! - it made me cry.

I don't want to give away the story but you can download it here for just $0.99!
Or get the print version for $5.99.

And last but not least a big thank you to Amy for letting me read it! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment