Saturday 28 January 2017

pizza and unintentional compliments

After I missed the last usability testing get together back in the autumn because of bloody roadworks combined with my ignorance of this area (ie. inability to find another way quickly), I attended the meet up this Wednesday.

I like the concept:
Either you attend and present a new business idea, this could be a website, an app, a new product or really anything you would like feedback on. Or you attend as testing person and are asked to give feedback on those ideas/products etc.

All of this accompanied by beers and pizza.

This time, there were six different testing stations. Some of them more interesting and 'relate-able' than others. Some of the testing stations were also better than others at not making you feel like an idiot for not being able to complete the given tasks. Even though it all started with the premise that as a testing person, you cannot give 'wrong' feedback. One lady in particular - and I am not sure whether at that point she was simply so frustrated with their crappy product - didn't do very well at hiding her feelings.

Anyhow, an interesting evening.
And twice I got asked what I study at university....It does make me wonder whether it's my young looks or my childish demeanor that causes people to think I am least 10 years younger than I actually am. Also with view to coaching, I feel it would be beneficial for people to know my actual age - then again, I can of course simply state that on my website!And at the end of the day, I take it is a compliment. Still preferable than people thinking I'm older than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment