Friday 27 January 2017

Up on table mountain

During the various exercises I've been doing during the NLP weekends, I kept having issues with going meta - which means finding a position external to myself, from where I can look at myself from the outside and with significant distance.

The interventions from the assistants signaled me that I somehow wasn't doing it 'right' and I kept slipping back into being 'me'. I suppose a sign of how self-critical I am, as well as just how many thoughts keep swirling around my head at all times.

Anyway, I asked one of the assistants for advice (what a useful skill it is to reach out for help!). And she did a mini exercise with me. It took me all the way up table mountain. And suddenly I was filled with warmth. Warmth towards myself. And this strong feeling, looking down at myself, that everything is ok. That I am doing well and that things will develop the way they need to.

Going forward I shall try to take that image with me. And take a moment to step outside for a moment, to get some distance to whatever is going on and whatever is frustrating and upsetting me and to take that view down from table mountain.

2014 - actually physically being up on Table Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment