Friday 3 March 2017

ah well...

In order to sew, I have to be in the mood. And that is something that comes and goes. Similar to many things in life. Only that for sewing I am excellent at accepting this and not trying to force anything.

I started this dress a little while ago and finally finished it. Not without issues, of course. I inserted the zip by hand. Given the fabric's pattern, it was tricky to pick a colour for the thread. In the end I went with an off-white. You can of course see the tiny stitched when you look closely (which of course other than me, nobody really does!). 

I was so proud of the bias binding I used on the armholes. Only to be utterly disappointed when I tried it on and the armholes were gaping and wonky. I swear that that was not visible when just holding the dress up. No idea why this happened but I am assuming that the fabric of the dress and the binding somehow didn't go together.
You may imagine my joy at undoing the seams of the bloody binding. Much fun. Not.

Anyhow, it's all done now. And it makes a difference to the relatively plain pencil style skirts and dresses I usually do. I had already done a lighter, summery version of this pattern but did a higher neckline on this version.


No comments:

Post a Comment