Wednesday 8 March 2017

The wink - flashback

This post was left half finished at the time (summer 2014). There had been clearly too many great things happening ๐Ÿ˜ So I finished writing it now, 2.5 years later. Seems my memory isn't all bad yet! Even though I cannot actually remember which of my colleagues told me I was perfect. Which of course means that I think several of them thought of me as perfect ๐Ÿ˜‰
Here you go:

May I recommend that you stop reading now? This will be one of these posts that are really just for myself. It's a collection of some of the lovely memories from recent weeks. I'm sure I will very much enjoy re-reading them at some point in the future, especially if (ok, when) I need a pick-me-up. It's bound to bring a smile to my face. For you the reader on the other hand, this will probably make for some obnoxious reading...: so, please look away now! (You have been warned!)

* My colleague telling me that I'm just perfect the way I am
* My project management skills being in demand (in exchange for money even)
* Being wined and dined by lovely people
* Making new friends (who are still with me, 2.5 years later!)
* Getting a big hug from the only man I personally know who pulls off wearing braces
* Being chauffeured around the beautiful sites of Capetown and surroundings by our generous darling president
* Meeting the Dean of an Australian university and being told that meeting me was the highlight of his week (yes, yes, I easily fall for charming comments that others might perceive as sleazy...)
* Exploring new job opportunities and others having confidence in my abilities when I didn't
* Being A's plus 1 at the dinner, feeling special and thus avoiding sitting with certain other people during said dinner ๐Ÿ˜Œ
* Celebrating a win that I had worked on for years together with my team
* And last but not least: the wink. In a room full of people for everyone to see but just for me

No comments:

Post a Comment