Thursday 23 March 2017

positive intentions

One of the assumptions in NLP is that every behaviour has a positive intention (for the one who is behaving).
Here's my question:
Why do so many people find it easier and more comfortable to stick with their negative view of the world/their life/certain circumstances rather than to try to at least entertain the possibility that there is another way of viewing it.
How does it help being stuck in negativity about the future that is anyway uncertain for all of us?

Don't get me wrong, I can be a drama queen par excellence. I have my moments. I know what it's like to feel shit, hopeless and pessimistic. And that's why I also know the difference when I tell that voice to shut up.

One of the most powerful ways to change your life is by simply changing your thoughts. It really is incredible. Of course that doesn't mean that the pain will vanish over night. But it means that it will be that tiny bit easier to bear. And it might even free up brain capacities to figure out ways to improve things ever so slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment