Saturday 25 March 2017

on and off

I did a version of this New Look 6301 pattern before but weirdly cannot find it on my blog.
Either way, last time, I picked a stretchy fabric and went with my standard straight/pencil skirt. When I saw Tash's version, I decided to do another version with a floaty skirt.

I cannot remember where and when I bought the fabric either, nor how much it cost. It's kind of a burnt velvet, I'd say. I used my overlock to make the inside seams look all tidy and pretty. And as part of that had to replace one of the cones. A tricky undertaking. And the new thread kept tearing too, meaning I had to re-thread it about five times... And couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. Fingers crossed, it's fixed now!

I've been asked before how long it takes me to finish a garment. And I honestly have no clue. When I start a project, I generally do the pattern and fabric cutting in one sitting. For the sewing though, I often sit at my machine on and off. Sometimes just 15 minutes at a time, to finish one step and to then take a break again. Also depending on how temperamental my machine is (aka how clumsy I am being...), which can put me off quickly. Given that sewing is a hobby only and not something I would want to earn money with, I feel it's kind of irrelevant how long it takes me. As long as I enjoy the process.
Or at least most of it


I am aware that it's difficult to see any of the details...

No comments:

Post a Comment