Thursday 9 March 2017

Go me!

As you might know, I am working on overcoming my aversion to driving. The other day, I was attending a privately organized NLP practice evening which took place in Munich. Initially, it was clear to me that I would take the train. Then I checked google maps and I basically only had to drive straight ahead once on the autobahn. So, I figured, I'd give it a go. My first time driving into Munich!!!

In order to make myself feel safer, I checked with the host how to access the car park. Who then suggested that I could take the train and she'd give me a lift back home. What a dilemma!!! Not only would that have been very convenient, it would have also offered the chance to get to know her a bit better and also have company on the way home.

I am very proud to say that I stuck with my plan.
And while I certainly wasn't relaxed when driving, it also wasn't as bad as expected. I even overtook some cars and didn't drive at an average speed of 90km/h as I usually do.
Babysteps...

No comments:

Post a Comment