Saturday 4 March 2017

when life sucks big time

Even before Casey won his Oscar, I very much wanted to go see Manchester by the sea. And I was delighted when I found out that a small independent cinema in Prien was showing it in original version with German subtitles. I recall a film with Casey where I could hardly understand a word he was saying... As it happens, I could understand them very well, which was just as well given that I couldn't read the subtitles as they were blocked by people's heads in front of me...

Despite the very sad story, I really enjoyed the film. The flashbacks, the way the story was revealed bit by bit. The contrast in Casey then and now. The way life somehow goes on after death. Different people having different ways of dealing with death.
And so much sadness.
Go watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment