Monday 27 March 2017

overcoming the fear

I love making plans. I love having plans. And still, occasionally, I just want to crawl into bed and not leave my flat at all.
I had such a moment Friday night/Saturday morning and am so glad that I resisted the urge to cancel meeting a new friend.

Off I went to the Schliersee. About 40 minute a drive, fighting to get up the hill in second gear... I was swearing profusely, among others to NEVER drive there EVER again... So, on the way back, I decided to try the route via the Autobahn. Not my favourite thing to do in the dark, as I hate driving onto the Autobahn, always fearing that the car that I think drives in the left lane, is actually on the right lane, the one I want to drive onto.

Anyhow, I am pleased to say that I got home safely. And quite frankly, the view at the lake was so pretty, that already shortly after arriving, I had overturned my decision and I will most certainly go back again!

pictures never come close to the actual beauty of this area!
And there was also food - salad with smoked fish. Not my usual choice but very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment