Friday 17 February 2012

A day full of surprises

In no particular order:

1) German President Christian Wulff announced his resignation.
The news about the home loan scancal broke about two months ago and he somehow managed to cling on to his post since then. I'm not sure whether it's more surprising that he did eventually quit or that he didn't quit earlier.

2) While Rochester is a town in Kent, a hotel in London can also have Rochester in its name.
This in itself is not surprising to me. What was surprising though was that another chain of hotels in London did not know this and tried to educate me, by pointing out that Rochester was in Kent. They must have thought I am a complete idiot for trying to get a hotel in Kent for a meeting that is taking place in central London.

3) One of my pastimes is to take part in competitions and surveys.
And today, I had the following package in the post:

Kellogg's Special K Hazelnut & Almond for me to try and enjoy and pass a verdict on to them.

I like surprises. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment