Thursday 9 February 2012

Tschaka - You can do it!

Psychologies (the magazine) organized an event on "Make it happen in 2012". Four speakers gave short presentations before the group split in four with one of the experts doing a mini-workshop.

Admittedly, I was a little apprehensive: would this be all hollow motivational speak? With group hugs and "You can achieve all your goals if you really want to" pick me ups? And what kind of people attend these kind of events anyway??

All sorts. Attend these kind of events, it seems to me. Women (I think I saw one man) shared their agendas: ranging from relationship issues to (a lot of) work related changes. It was really interesting as well as touching how people opened up. And how we often seem to have a tendency to put ourselves down and to be overly self-critical. And impressive how a lot of people had made quite substantial progress already in their quest to achieve their dreams.

I've come away not only with a goody bag (I LOVE goody bags!) but also with lots of food for thought.

I'm very happy I signed up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment