Tuesday 7 February 2012

Mmmmmmmh... food!

With very good intentions I remembered this morning to pack my camera (and I was very proud of myself, especially, as I am still half asleep when I leave the house in the mornings - I'd say I am the archetype of the not-a-morning person...).

Unfortunately, by the time I sat down for dinner in Magdalen Restaurant, I had forgotten all about it. Remembering just when I had cleared the last crumb of my plate. Well done, me. Therefore you will have to imagine the food.

This is what we had tonight:
Starters:
  • Warm potatoe pancake with smoked salmon and creme fraiche
  • Devon crab with warm potatoes

Mains:
  • Shallot and cheese tarte
  • Brill*
And coffee for dessert. All in all, a nice place with nice food and good service. I would probably recommend coming during the lunch hour, when they offer a good deal on 2 or 3 course menus. Portions could have maybe been a little bigger...


(*apologies, I didn't memorize the menu very well - there was a little more to it on the menu!)

No comments:

Post a Comment