Tuesday 21 February 2012

Helau and Alaaf on Pancake day

It's carnival time in Germany (and other places). I have to say that this is the time of year, where I am glad not to be in Germany. I really don't like carnival. I wonder whether this is a result of a childhood trauma - never will I forget how my Mum made me wear a pair of (ugly) trousers underneath the pretty blue satin princess dress, when I was 6. Yes, it was cold, but this just completely ruined my look!

Since moving to the UK, I've been introduced to Pancake Day*. So, it's no longer Faschingsdienstag!

Despite my best efforts, I didn't get to eat a pancake today though... I ventured out at lunch time with my colleague. The new cafe that just opened round the corner from the office, did offer crepes on their menu (close enough to pancakes, I'd say), but it turned out that they didn't have any today! Judging from the waitress' reaction when I commented what a pity that was right on this day, she seemed to have never heard of pancake day. Can this really be true?

OPI Let them eat rice cake with I'm Indi-a-mood for love dots
To finish the post for today I'm showing you my nails, as they look a bit clown-like (not on purpose...) - my discreet way of fancy dress today.

I found this tutorial on youtube on how to make your own dotting tools. And no, I had never heard of "dotting tools" before, either.
I think the dotting worked really well, I'm just not very happy with the dotting design.

Oh, and I've been to the gym again tonight - motivation is still going strong!

*I have so far refused eating them with lemon juice though - that just seems wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment