Monday 25 June 2012

Discoveries

Tastecard lead me to LePont and Via tonight, both on West India Quay. LePont was rather quiet. As my hayfever has been really been bad today, we settled at a table inside (we were the only ones inside). Service was really nice and quick.
I had the Spanish Selection of delicatessen which consisted of manchego cheese, two types of ham and two types of salami style sausage together with a bread basket and grilled halloumi-pepper skewers. My friend had the duck confit (which looked yummy!). The bread was unfortunately quite disappointing, but the ham and the halloumi was very nice. With the tastecard we got 50% off the food bill - bargain!
As they were awaiting a delivery, they only had two desserts on offer, so we decided to look elsewhere for something sweet and ended up at Via, a few doors down from LePont.

We fell in love with the seats on the balcony on the first floor and after having to wait around for a little while, the waitress allowed us upstairs. It's really pretty (check out their website for pictures - I didn't have my camera with me), even though maybe not so comfortable for a whole meal, especially as the table was very wobbly. And as it turned out they had run out of Eton Mess (which my friend had been very keen on). So we had sticky toffee pudding and strawberry joghurt profiterole instead. Both very tasty. I also had a cappuccino - which was massive. And made me feel quite sick. I think I really am lactose intolerant...

Overall a nice evening and I would recommend both places - at least if you have a tastecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment