Sunday 10 June 2012

Meetings stuff

My 7th meeting. After four days of getting up at around 6:00am (including during the weekend...), I am just so tired. How on earth did I manage during nine years at secondary school??? I had to leave the house at 6:50 every weekday.

It's nearly exactly a year since I took on my new role of events-magician and I can see a definitive change. I used to absolutely dread being on-site and much preferred all the pre-meeting prep that goes on in the office in the run up to the meeting. Always dreading all sorts of things going wrong and feeling not quite comfortable with the whole responsibility for EVERYTHING being just on me. Experience has shown, that things are usually not as bad as they might seem (or maybe, I've just been very lucky so far?). I now understand my predecessor who thought being on-site and running the event was the best bit of the job. You can see the results of all your work. You get to meet the people you liaised with via email.

And sometimes you even get a nice thank you:

I doubt it will survive very long in my household...

No comments:

Post a Comment