Friday 22 June 2012

June Glossybox - and no more

June's Glossybox has been disappointing once again. So I will actually stick to my plan and won't renew my subscriptions. There are a number of these offers out there and I am considering trying the Joliebox at some point. But for now, I will just revert to picking my beauty products myself again.

Comments on Facebook seem to be getting worse every month and it appears that a lot of subscribers are cancelling their subscriptions or at least airing their irritation over the choices of products.

Here's what I had in mine:
  • Glossybox Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush - a blusher/bronzer brush. When I first saw this, I thought this was another additional present (like the compact mirror in the anniversary box), but no, this counted towards the 5 products. I haven't used it yet, but comments on facebook suggest that the quality is very poor.
  • Yves Rocher mini-mascara ultra-volume sexy pulp - always happy to try a mascara, so this is ok, even though it is really tiny
  • BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer - nice one to try. Only 1g though. A full size (4g) costs £8.00...
  • Agent Provocateur - three perfume samples. Don't like any of them. And it's another sample. Users have claimed that one could have ordered them for free via the website. Not impressed!
  • Vichy Dermablend Ultra Corrective Foundation Cream Stick - six tiny samples in different shades. So in theory only one of them will suit my skintone and I luckily do not suffer from severe skin flaws. Not for me and not impressed with this sample either.
A nice idea, but I feel that the choice of products has gotten worse over the seven months that I subscribed to it.

At least the box is nice - if not the content...

No comments:

Post a Comment