Sunday 13 October 2013

Chinese a la Tastecard

Haozhan offer 2 for 1 on everything from the main menu, excluding rice and noodle dishes. I'm afraid to say there wasn't anything outstanding about the place. It was ok and service was friendly. My lemon chicken was rather dry and didn't come with any vegetables and very little sauce. The crispy duck with pancakes looked nice (I didn't get to try any - my dinner companion is clearly not a food-sharer ;-)). I had the Black Cod Siu Mai as a starter and was a bit surprised that I was only given two siu mai - for the price of £8.30. Maybe I underestimated the value of black cod?

Overall, a lovely evening but I don't think I would go back.

Tender stir fried rib-eye beef in red wine sauce served with black pepper, garlic and spring onion
Maybe I simply picked the wrong starter and main...
my lemon chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment