Saturday 5 October 2013

Eastbourne - not quite Brighton

But hey, it's on the seaside! On this week's mini fam trip, we did get to see the stereotypical Eastbourne: pensioners everywhere. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't great and we also didn't have any time to just sit on the (pebbled) beach, as we had a tight schedule of site visits.

We got to stay at the Grand Hotel - according to their website the only 5* hotel on the British coastline. It's certainly an impressive building. But to be honest, I don't quite understand why it's rated 5*. My room wasn't particularly big, the 3* hotel we saw had a bigger TV and the bathroom is carpeted. The windows were rattling quite badly in the wind and even with earplugs in I could still hear them. Thankfully, I was able to fix it with the help of stuffing in a magazine.

It's certainly a very traditionally British hotel. With carpets and plush sofas. I personally prefer a more modern design.


No comments:

Post a Comment