Friday 11 October 2013

It all started with a rainbow

Journey into work was a bit nightmarish in terms of crowded (not unusual) and then having to wait for ages for the doors to open at Bank station. Then had to sit through 4 hours of a massively boring meeting about databases. But a day that starts with a rainbow simply has to end well!

We had some great news (work) confirmed and it triggered a number of very nice emails acknowledging my contribution to the successful outcome of this particular project. And in my sewing class, we were finally allowed to use the sewing machines! And finally, when I came home, the dresses I had ordered online were ready to be picked up!

When I look back at the last 4-5 months, I am very proud of all the changes I've made to my life. I feel so much happier than I have in a long time. I also feel really fortunate when I think of the people who have come (back) into my life. And in terms of my job: when I had to prepare my appraisal document a few weeks ago, I looked back at the last 12 months and realized just how much I've achieved there, too. Thanks to a number of interesting and challenging projects, I have learned a lot and have gained so much confidence. Who would have thought... I certainly didn't! Life is good! :-)

haven't tried them on yet - I do hope that they won't ALL fit!
I fully banked on returning some of them for the benefit of my bank account

No comments:

Post a Comment