Tuesday 29 October 2013

Touch me

The perfect end to a Monday. Especially a busy and stressful Monday: getting pampered!
And thanks to Amazon local a 60 minute facial and 30 minute neck and shoulder massage at the Purecare Spa only cost me £24!

First of all though, their address is stated at 40 Mortimer Street (~5 minutes from Oxford Circus) - and there are just a number of offices at that address. It's actually next door to it, in the basement of a tanning shop. The waiting area is surprisingly nicely decorated.

It was a very relaxing treatment and just what I needed to calm myself down - but I wouldn't go back for a number of reasons: I had to lie on the table fully dressed (well, without my shoes). The towel only covered me up to my knees so at one point I had to ask for another towel to cover up my feet which were getting cold. She started nearly 10 minutes late - but finished 'on time'. The neck and shoulder massage was a bit strange, especially as I was lying on my back and was fully clothed. The facial felt nice but I didn't get this squeaky clean feeling afterwards.

Some unrelated advice: most shops on Oxford Street are open until 21:00 (which I hadn't realized) and after 20:00 most shops are empty: perfect time to go shopping without queuing for the dressing rooms!

I WANT a chaise longue!

No comments:

Post a Comment