Sunday 13 October 2013

Test - teach - test and other stuff

Over the years, I have had a few moments of frustrations with my current job (as most people, I am sure). And along the way - on and off - I've been playing with the idea of getting into Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Now, I am not a born teacher by any means nor is it something I am particularly interested in, but I thought that it wouldn't do any harm to have a TEFL qualification as it offers another route of (additional) income and should I ever decide to move to another country, I am hoping it will come in handy.

Back in the summer, Time Out offered vouchers for a 140 advanced online TEFL course with TEFL247 for just £19. So I signed up for it. And realized that I needed to start the course before 20 October. And I have 75 days (I think) to complete it.

So far I completed module 1 of 10 which was an introduction to teaching and learning styles. You take short tests (usually multiple choice) along the way. The final assessment can be taken two times - and a third time if you pay extra. I have my doubts how much an online course can prepare you for real life teaching but I guess it might still be a foundation on which one can build.

No comments:

Post a Comment