Friday 17 February 2017

gentle, sadistic yoga support

Not sure what has been happening this week - but it's been a sporty one! After swimming AND yoga on Monday, pilates on Wednesday, I went to a second yoga class on Thursday. well, primarily, because I realized that my 'point-card' will expire in a short while and I didn't want to waste my money. Whatever motivates me, right?!

So, I tried their back yoga class and was ecstatic when the instructor announced that we'd be going easy on ourselves today. Beautiful! And it started off really well. Until the belt came out. And I had to acknowledge that my hamstrings need a lot of stretching which supposedly is directly linked to my back and which consequently makes a lot of sense for me to keep pushing.

Lovely instructor saw my issues and lovingly pushed me into the pose. Which hurt considerably but at least made me feel that I was achieving something... Switching off and focusing on being in the yoga moment isn't coming easily, so my brain was busy thinking thoughts. And of course I came back to one of my clearly deep seated beliefs that only if something is hard work, it's worth something. And I realized that I am applying this 'rule' to exercising, too. Which probably is one of the main reasons I am so reluctant to do any sports.
Ah, the mind is a funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment