Monday 27 February 2017

it's all about YOU

Where to start...

The biggest learning from my last coaching session was to be more conscious of my automatic mind-reading. And how is this for progress: 
I did well on active listening. 
Except for an introduction, I let the client talk the majority of the time.
And after the session, the client said to me how coaching is all about her. How she could also talk to a friend, but that in that situation it's always about both people. But this was all about her.
The way it should be, of course, but what a great feedback for me? When this was exactly what I was focusing on!
Secondly, she said that she would absolutely be prepared to pay for this and even put a price tag on it which was higher than what I had decided on (prior to the session).

The session was another reminder how we can never know somebody's life story. The stuff we all carry around with us, and which they might never share with us, is immense.

And lastly: a little while ago, I got the feedback that I am a fast learner, that I am able to implement new learnings very quickly. At the time, I didn't really buy it. But since then, I have felt my viewpoint shifting and can now see how I have taken this for granted in a lot of situations. When really, it is one of my strength and has been since I was a kid.

Oh, and here's further proof that NLP works on a very practical level:
When I originally met her, I had apparently talked about my problem of keeping my flat tidy and how I had used an NLP exercise to work on it. When she said goodbye, she noted that she thought my flat was very tidy indeed and that she cannot see an issue there at all.
There you go!
And no, I hadn't spent hours before she arrive to tidy up 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment