Saturday 4 February 2017

How not to chat me up - flashback

From what I recall, I never published this post cause I felt somehow nasty writing about somebody who liked me in this way. And maybe a bit guilty for being so high and mighty about him checking out my number, as I had done something similar before. Of course with a different outcome (and who wouldn't want to receive a message from me?! LOL 👸).

What I wrote back in late 2013/early 2014:

A few weeks ago, I received a whatsapp message from an unknown number:
Your sooooo beautiful everytime I see u I freeze
But one day I will sure tell u how I feel

Flattering? Maybe. But definitely creepy. I did not remember having given out my number to anyone. Putting my Sherlock-esque mind to use, I very quickly figured out that it could only be one of the guys who work at the reception of the apartment block I live in, as my number is on file. I don't need to add that this is of course highly unprofessional. And it creeped me out even more to know that the person was likely to know exactly where I live... The alternative was of course that somebody had meant to contact somebody else, and just noted down a wrong number.

I decided not to reply. And in the evening of the same day, I got another message:
Your not even curious to knw who this is?

Nope, I wasn't. I didn't reply again. And for a week, didn't hear anything. I also didn't pick up my post for a week, as I didn't want to run into him at reception...

Then a week later, he changed his Whatsapp profile pic - to a photo taken of himself, in reception. I wonder whether he thought I might otherwise not recognize who he is. Very creepy, when you suddenly have this person grin at you from your phone...

The next day, he contacted me again:
How was ur day?
I am gonna give u a call this weekend I hope thts ok

To which I replied, that No, it was not ok and how he got my number. To which he replied:
its ok I will delect yo number

Let's hope he meant 'delete'....
I know that I could complain about this, but quite frankly I don't think much would happen other than things getting even more awkward. I do wonder how not replying wasn't enough of a hint. I'm also rethinking my rather recently implemented nice-ness policy. Being a prick to (certain) people might be a better idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment