Monday 5 March 2012

5 out of 6

That's a good score, I'd say.
I've now tried the Deep Sleep CD 6 times. And 5 out of the 6 times, I fell asleep before the CD finished. Actually, I fell asleep before the first part of the CD finished. The only time it didn't work was the first time.

I had read the reviews on amazon and one of them had slightly crept me out. The reviewer noted that she had experienced a nightmare while the CD was still going on in the background. While she had been aware that it was only a nightmare, she found it very difficult to wake herself from it. So, the first time I listened to the CD, I was rather worried that this would happen to me. This must have put me in an alert state of mind - and the CD did nothing to make me fall asleep. I listened to it right until the end and it didn't have any effect at all.

I gave it another try though, with very low expectations. And it worked. I thought maybe I was just very tired anyway. But it has worked a few more times after that. When I listened to it, I had the tendency to wake up around 4am, feeling quite awake. I don't know whether this is an indication that not only did I fall asleep faster, but that I also had a deeper sleep.

My first verdict: I can highly recommend this. It's less than a tenner on amazon. It might of course not work for everyone, but I guess it's worth a try if you suffer from insomnia.


No comments:

Post a Comment