Sunday 4 March 2012

Childhood memories

I know it's not exactly strawberry season right now - but when I saw them on offer at Sainsburys, I had to take a pack. When I was growing up, I kind of lived in the countryside. There were several self-picking strawberry fields around. During the season we (the whole family) would go on a day trip to pick strawberries. You were allowed to munch as many as you wished while picking (without paying for them). And after returning home with several bags full of strawberries, my Mum would always make some delicious strawberry-icecream-milkshakes.

And that's what I did today. The result (below) was nice enough, but it will be so much better, when strawberries actually are in season and taste of strawberries!


First this...

... and then this. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment