Monday 26 March 2012

Mmmmmmm, soup

A few weeks ago, I saw a ready made pea, apple and mint soup at the farm shop. Sounded a bit unusual to me, and I thought: I'm sure I can make that myself! So, I googled and came across this recipe.

And now I finally tried it. With a few changes (I added some potatoes). I didn't actually measure the ingredients, so I think I might have gotten the proportions a bit wrong. In any case, the apple taste didn't quite come out, so next time: more apples. I think next time, I might also put some fried bacon cubes in to make it a little more interesting.

But for a first try, it turned out quite all right.

Oh, and with regard to the blog entry title: do you know the episode of Friends, where Joey is auditioning for a soup commercial? Mmmmmm, noodle soup... Well worth watching (as any of the Friends episodes!).

Still steaming...mmmmm, pea soup!


No comments:

Post a Comment