Monday 12 March 2012

It's beauty time

This month' issue of Cosmopolitan comes with two complimentary Clinique products. I'm not a regular Cosmo reader- in fact, I only buy it once a year or so. But as I simply LOVE freebies (yes, I am aware that I paid £3.50 for the magazine), I had to get a copy.*

I chose the one that came with

the moisture surge extended thirst relief

and

the high impact mascara

You can use the moisturizer as a moisturizer (makes sense, right?) or as a moisturizing mask. It smells nice, goes on easily and does a good job of moisturizing. I don't feel it's got any added benefits compared to the (cheaper) creams I normally use. Maybe I need to test it a little longer.

The mascara is nice, but not as nice as the MaxFactor False Lash Effect Fusion which I am currently using. At least on my lashes, it doesn't have a 'wow!' effect. So, given its price, I don't think I will be buying this one either.

Nevertheless, a good buy (the magazine), as I like testing new stuff, especially stuff I wouldn't usually buy.

And some more beauty news:
Glossybox have revealed that they have teamed up with Harrods for their special edition March box! If I knew when the box was going to be delivered, I'd start counting the days! But as I don't, I just wait impatiently in a non-counting way.


*One thing I don't get is, why the issue that gets published in March is called the April issue

No comments:

Post a Comment