Tuesday 27 March 2012

It would be the first time

Or more precisely: it would have been the first time.

Tonight I was planning on going to my first Comedy Club night. I've never been even though I am a big comedy fan, even of English comedy (or should I say especially?). The Camden Head (the one in Camden, not Islington) was putting on The Camden Comedy sessions - open mic AND free for all. Perfect!

As we had some time to kill, we wandered around the market stalls at Camden first, then had some unbelievable cheap Chinese and then headed to the pub. Even though it was already 19:30 (the alleged start time*), nothing was going on just yet and we were told that they often started late. So we settled down with a drink.

And that's it really. We just ended up chatting in the pub downstairs.
It was very nice - but I'm still a Comedy Club virgin.

Next time, maybe.



* Yes, I am German and I am still surprised when things don't start on time

No comments:

Post a Comment