Friday 2 March 2012

Not as grand as I expected

I've just returned from a two day meeting (work) in Brighton. The meeting was held at The Grand - the "iconic Victorian hotel" on Brighton's seafront. I wasn't as lucky as some of my colleagues who were raving about their massive rooms and incredible showers. Looking through the photos of their bedrooms on their website, mine isn't included. Certainly an alright room - but nothing special. In fact, the furniture looked a little tatty - especially in the bathroom. The shower seemed to have been installed in a way to ensure that the curtain in front of the window gets cleaned regularly (quite a weird concept in itself: the window had frosted glass - so the curtain was rather pointless. And surely must get soaking wet every time someone showers...). But not only did I have to basically press myself against the window to get some of the water, but the water was also close to boiling point and wouldn't go any colder. Besides, there was a constant noise throughout the night, which sounded like air conditioning - but wasn't air conditioning. Not quite what I would have expected at The Grand.

Luckily the meeting that I was attending had worn me out sufficiently for me to fall asleep quickly despite the noise.

Some impressions:
View from the 5th floor

Still the 5th floor - light flowing in from the dome

Shoes on hotel carpet


No comments:

Post a Comment