Wednesday 14 August 2013

In search of good cake

... I ended up at Patisserie Valerie in Covent Garden last weekend. Many a times, have I stood gazing longingly at their selection of scrumptious cakes and always decided that not having one of their creamy, calorie-laden pieces of heaven would be the better choice. With most coffee places being completely packed on a Saturday afternoon, I finally gave into temptation.

And unfortunately, I was disappointed. I picked the classic (and predictably German) black forest gateau. First of all, if I eat inside a cafe, I think they could make the effort to remove the plastic from my cake. Secondly, there were hardly any cherries and last but not least the cream didn't taste very fresh at all. Turns out that I didn't really miss very much all the times when I decided to walk past.

The search continues.

look at the sad, lonely cherry!



chocolate mouse gateau (which I didn't get to try!)


No comments:

Post a Comment