Wednesday 14 August 2013

Unusual interpretation of 'relaxation room'

I've recently noticed that I am beginning to lose track of the vouchers I buy on Time Out and Amazon local... So, before buying any more, I've wisely decided to use the ones I already bought first. Pretty logical, isn't it?

This week, I went to Amber Beauty at the Park Plaza Victoria hotel (btw, have I already mentioned that Victoria is currently a big fat building site? CRAZY!). For just £29, I got a 55 minute massage and was invited to use the hotel's spa facilities. The spa consists of a steam room, a sauna and the aforementioned relaxation room. As I still had to finish the book for my book club meeting, I had planned to lounge in the relaxation room before the massage.

Well, the relaxation room wasn't that relaxation-inducing as hoped. It was only partitioned off the hotel gym by a glass wall and there were just some wicker chairs to sit on. It was super noisy, with all the treadmill and other fitness machines, gym-pumping music in the background. This is also the area to relax when coming out of the sauna and steam room, by the way.

But apart from this not so comfortable start to my relaxing evening, the massage itself war really good. Just the right amount of pressure (admittedly bordering on the painful, but then it is always worth it, given how tensed up my shoulders get sitting hunched at my desk) and I've learned that using knuckles for massaging feels very pleasant. Especially on (my) feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment