Friday 2 August 2013

What not to do on the hottest day in 7 years

Yesterday was apparently the hottest day in August in a decade and the hottest day overall in the last 7 years (in Britain). Thanks to air conditioning in the office, the day was very bearable but in the evening I went to see a friend and had to take a train to Windsor. And it was terrible! Both trains were absolutely packed and just standing there, the sweat was running down my back (yes, what a pleasant image...). On the second train, a window had been smashed in in the front carriage. Which meant that all passengers had to get off and squeeze into the already packed second carriage and the train was delayed by 20 minutes...

On the way back - temperatures had cooled down to a much more tolerable level. But the taxi driver came late, and then went past the train station... Thankfully I was wearing flat shoes, as otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to run to the platform to catch the train just in time. Of course, at home my boiling flat was waiting for me.

Should the weather become this hot again (unlikely, I'd say), I will certainly avoid traveling anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment