Thursday 15 August 2013

Peace and quiet in the city

The Regent's Canal runs from Paddington in the west to the Limehouse Basin and the Thames in the east. It's 13.8 kilometres (8.6 miles) long. Part of it runs through Islington, just a short walk from my office. And still, I've hardly ever been walking along there. The other day, when it was still pleasantly warm when I left the office and I had some time to kill, I sat on one of the benches. It's really peaceful and except for very few joggers, cyclists and walkers, there aren't many people about.

Unfortunately, I suddenly noticed a big fat rat just a few metres from me. It was seriously massive! And that kind of destroyed my idyllic daydreaming...

Pretty, unaffordable houses in the background and houseboats on the canal.
I've always fancied living on one. At least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment