Saturday 8 November 2014

2 for the price of 3

For just £9 I got a ticket for some more contemporary ballet at the Royal Opera House: they were showing three pieces: Ceremony of Innocence, The age of anxiety and Aeternum.

I had a great seat - really far up in the amphitheatre but with a straight on view of the stage (whereas before, I've always been on the balcony with side views). I of course hadn't read up on any of the pieces, and I could not work out what the first one was about. At all. There was so much going on on stage, too, that I never quite knew where to look.

The second piece was much more 'understandable' and I did enjoy the dancing and the music. But I also realized how tired I was. So, I actually left before the third piece. I don't think I've ever left during an interval. But no point really, especially as I also knew that I had to do some work which I wanted to get out of the way before Sunday so that I can enjoy a whole day off.


No comments:

Post a Comment