Sunday 23 November 2014

Another one done

I bought this floral fabric at John Lewis back in April. As a complete beginner, I had purchased 1.5 metres to make a pencil skirt. Way too much fabric, of course, so I decided to make a shift dress instead. I was a little apprehensive, as at £16 a metre (also a beginner's mistake to shop at John Lewis...) this is the most expensive fabric I bought so far and I of course didn't want to ruin it.

I'm quite pleased with the result even though I am not sure about the pleats on the top. I also decided to line the top (not like me to add extra work for myself but I figured the expensive fabric was worth protecting) and that unfortunately means that the dress is a little bulky around the top due to the neck facing and lining.

After the success with the last dress, I again sew the zipper in by hand. Took some time, but was certainly worth it, I think. Even though I have to admit that I am little nervous about the seams busting when wearing it.

New Look pattern 6184, version E but without the belt

No comments:

Post a Comment