Saturday 29 November 2014

The balance

I think this is the reason I haven't yet gone bonkers: the balance between the good and the challenging (aka frustrating and driving me crazy) stuff is still firmly tipping towards the good.

On Monday night I was invited to an Excel supporters' club networking event - at the Tower of London. Starting with a private viewing of the Crown Jewels and ending with a drinks and canapes reception.

I'd been to the Tower as a child but couldn't actually remember very much other than it was busy and crowded with tourists... So, being able to see the exhibition in such a relaxed way was awesome! And I was even more impressed by just being inside the Tower and walking around the ground than by all the bling. Especially as it was dark, and the buildings lit up, it was very pretty and a weirdly calm oasis in the bustling city of London. Plus I was able to catch up with J (ok, it was probably more me having a moan...) who used to be our Account Manager at the venue we use for our annual event.


I can never have enough photos of my beloved Tower Bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment