Sunday 16 November 2014

Zettelwirtschaft

I had another coaching session last week. I went in full of anger and frustration and it all came spluttering out. I surprised myself with how emotional I got - verging on bursting into tears.

Looking at one particular question, he asked me what I saw as the possible ways forward. I came up with two alternatives. He wrote them both down on pieces of paper and placed them on the floor. We then began a 'game' of standing either at equal distance in between the two papers, or either on one or the other.

I am very skeptical when it comes to these kind of things and immediately thought to myself: what a load of bullocks... Some weirdo exercise he'll have read about in some coaching book. But I am glad I went with it anyway. It was strange to experience how my feelings and views on those two alternatives changed dramatically depending on where I was standing.

I left feeling not only more calm but also comfortable with both options. Equilibrium was restored and I just felt that everything will be ok. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment