Sunday 23 November 2014

Too much choice!

I went to Brixton to check out Simply Fabrics and to get a zipper for the dress I am currently sewing (and finished today!). I disappointingly left with only the zipper. They had quite a few nice fabrics but most of the them were cotton and I was looking for something with at least a bit of stretch or more flowing fabrics. As I was already on the Victoria line, I spontaneously decided to go up north to Walthamstow Market. And what can I say: I spent at least 30 minutes in just one shop! I don't even know its name, but it's the one closest to the station and they have so much choice for so little money.

I eventually left with these four, all priced at £2.75 per metre. For two of them I already know which dresses I want to re-sew with them; not entirely sure what I will make out of the other two. But I have enough patterns to choose from...


No comments:

Post a Comment