Sunday 24 July 2016

a whole new world

Reading a good book is like entering a whole new world and leaving my own. At least for a few hours. Which is pretty welcome, especially these days. I get so wrapped up in the story that it affects me emotionally. Just like with some of my dreams.

On my last trip to London, I bought The girl on the train. I really got into it and went through it quickly, as I just needed to know what happened next. Next up was I let you go - supposedly for fans of Gone girl and The girl on the train. I found the first few chapters not very interesting and was wondering where the link was to the other two books, which I had both really enjoyed. But after about a third, I also didn't want to put it down anymore.

Having said that, both books were also very depressing. People suck...
Maybe I should read something more uplifting next. If you have recommendations, let me know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment