Saturday 9 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 1: unusual roommates

Being able to read helps...
At rather short notice, I had the wonderful idea to ask my neighbour to give me and Christine a lift to the station. And no, not because I am tight, but because I have a deep seated fear of taxis not arriving on time, and us consequently missing our train and potentially our flight. When going round, they weren't home though, so I sent a text instead, asking whether they were home. To which I got the reply: No.
Damn it. So, I started calling up local taxi companies, but didn't get through to any of them. Stress levels started rising (yes, it's amazing how tiny things can really throw me). When my neighbour calls me. Turns out that I only thought I had asked whether they were home. What I had actually written was whether they were away. Consequently his 'No' meant that they were home. All sorted!

As is often the case, I fell asleep before take off and slept/dozed through most of the short flight. Always preferable. I do recall a bit of turbulence. I have found that tapping my foot helps to distract me. It seems that when I move my leg/foot, I am less able to distinguish the movement from the wobbling plane.

At C's we had dinner, watched Australian First dates (confirming I still adore the Aussie accent) and then went to bed. I got to share the room with these creatures:

it's just one snake not two
To be honest, not the kind of pets I would choose myself but I felt safe enough with them in their terrariums.

No comments:

Post a Comment